Hotel and Motel Infestations
One of the most common types of bed bug cases involve cases against hotels and motels. Hotels and motels have a duty to provide a habitable and safe living environment that is free of pests. When a hotel or motel becomes negligent through their cleaning staff, management or lack of maintenance and care and concern, bed bugs may come and invite themselves in to stay.
Further when a hotel or motel breaches their duty and fails to treat a room as required to ensure it is free of pests, the hotel or motel can be found negligent, as well as found having in breach of other laws and regulations placed on them.
IF you or a loved one is a victim of bed bugs at a hotel or motel we recommend you contact an attorney right away to help fight for your rights and held you recover from your damages and losses.
As a victim there are some critical steps you should take to help prove your case. Here are just some of the most important tasks to follow as a bed bug victim:
- Immediately report the incident to management
- Take Pictures of room, bed bugs and bites>
- Consult with a medical professional and get a written diagnosis and treatment plan
- Place all clothing in a separate trash bag (or similar), or leave behind
- Have all clothing professionally washed and do not take affected clothing home
- Treat all personal belongings including pillows, suitcases, clothing, hair and furniture
- Save all receipts
- Place all affected property in a cool, dry, light place
- Contact an attorney
We have helped our clients recover from bed bug bites at hotels and motels and are used to working with management, insurance companies and property management companies to help you recover.
Our knowledgeable staff are here to assist you in a time of need. Our attorneys are experienced and have a sense of care and concern when it comes to our clients. Customer satisfaction is our largest goal, and we strive to provide the highest level of service at all times. Contact us today for your free consultation.