Bed bugs are commonly found inside rental facilities and rental homes. If you have recently moved in to a rental home and found yourself suffering from bed bugs, you have rights to compensation for your damages and losses.
When one vacates a rental home, the property owner has a duty to ensure that the premises are pest free, and that the home is habitable and safe. Ensuring a rental home is pest free includes ensuring the home is treated for pests on both the exterior and interior, the carpets are cleaned and there was no previous complaint of an infestation. If there was a previous complaint of an infestation, further steps may be necessary for the home owner to take to ensure the home is pest free.
If you or a loved one is a victim of bed bugs we recommend you contact an attorney right away to help fight for your rights and held you recover from your damages and losses.
As a victim there are some critical steps you should take to help prove your case. Here are just some of the most important tasks to follow as a bed bug victim:
- Immediately report the incident to management
- Take Pictures of room, bed bugs and bites
- Consult with a medical professional and get a written diagnosis and treatment plan
- Place all clothing in a separate trash bag (or similar), or leave behind
- Have all clothing professionally washed
- Treat all personal belongings including pillows, suitcases, clothing, hair and furniture
- Save all receipts
- Place all affected property in a cool, dry, light place
- Contact an attorney
We have helped our clients recover from bed bug bites and are used to working with management, insurance companies and property management companies to help you recover.
Our knowledgeable staff are here to assist you in a time of need. Our attorneys are experienced and have a sense of care and concern when it comes to our clients. Customer satisfaction is our largest goal, and we strive to provide the highest level of service at all times. Contact us today for your free consultation.